About midway through a horror film - at that climatic part where they finally reveal the monster fully for the first time - a thought hit me. Why are these monsters never really that big? Sure we get sea beasts with tentacles that stretch for tens of metres and skyscraper-climbing primates that tower over the average human, but where are the primates that are the size of a skyscraper? Where are the sea beasts with tentacles the thickness of a train carriage?
Big is home to a collection of stories that feature large, enormous or gigantic characters and concepts and, in this situation, it is most definitely a case of bigger is better.
- David Turnbull - Son of Summer
- Charles Wyatt - Wooden Person
- North Cady - The Fractal Nexus
- Rachael Dickzen - Big Dave's Goliath
- Randal Eldon Greene - The Wave
- David Talon - The Incident of the Abominable Mayan Giant
- Jill Hand - Big Box
- Robert Allen Lupton - Tardigrade on Parade
- JC Martínez - Moon
- Robert Petyo - Trivial Matters
- Brendan Smith - In the Tomb of the Star-King
- Victor Krulle - Four by Four